Problems!!! solved now…

 

This was the most recent disaster and probably the 4th or 5th time i have now taken the pipes out, re pressurized the system and bled air out. To then see a problem develop under the pressure. The pipe ends had to be spot on and heavily bolted. The inital screws i used and right angle brackets actually sheared the screw heads off. I also realised that the pipe itself was moving back slightly so had to clamp it to the shed with metal bracket. The set up now has lasted for a week with no signs of weakness. So fingers crossed. The above picture was after i resealed all the joints by wrapping 15 turns pfte tape CCW and using a heavy duty pipe wrench. However, i think i over tightened the orange pipe as it is a very tight fit to get on and with the built up twist in the pipe as the system was pressurized it blew on me overnight! this was quite a surprise as the pipe is rated 6-16 bar at ambient temp.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s